The Operations Manager manages the day-to-day operations of the agency including, book keeping, office management, HR related duties and is an executive assistant to the CEO.
Experience & Attributes
3-5 years in an operations role with a marketing agency or professional services firm; accounting/finance background a plus. You are great at getting tasks done. You are also a great problem solver/trouble shooter and you find ways to provide solutions. You have an accounting/finance background and you are an advanced excel user. You have great interpersonal skills and you can confidently work with team members and our vendor partners.You are a consummate learner and can clearly demonstrate new solutions and knowledge you’ve applied from learning.
Responsibilities by function:
Accounting and Finance
- Manages client invoicing
- Administers payroll
- Manages cash flow
- Manages day to day processing of accounts receivable and payables
- Closes the books monthly
- Manages annual forecast and budget
- Prepares Financial Reports for Management's Review
- Manages Office Vendor/Partners
- Ensures Office Operates Efficiently & Effectively
- Manage Furniture, Fixture and Equipment
- Orders and Stocks Supplies
- Responsible for Opening and Closing the Office
- Answers Office Phone and Greets Guests
- Manages Insurance Renewals for CEO's Approval
- Plans and Books Travel Logistics for the Team
Human Resource Management
- Works with department heads to ensure that the most appropriate and competent individuals are trained and in place
- Manages the hiring process from recruitment to the interview process
- Administers Human Resources Policies
- Responds to HR inquiries and inquiries from employees and external vendors
- Manages and provides oversight to team roles and responsibilities.
- Administers employees benefit programs
- We love what we do, and we're good at it.
- We deliver results.
- We thrive on collaboration.
- Buffalo Battles: Twice a year we shut down the office for two days, divide into teams and create something new.
- Each member of our team strives to better himself/herself.
- We don't settle for good work. We deliver excellence.
- We give our team members the tools and resources to develop professionally.
- Our office is located in beautiful downtown Greenville, and there are plenty of awesome lunch spots around.
- Men's Journal thinks our city is one of the top 18 coolest places to live in America.
- Forbes said Greenville is one of the Best Cities for Young Professionals
- We have a kegerator in the office, and we always have 2 craft beers on tap.
- 401(k) Match
- PTO and 12 days of Paid Holidays
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Cool Office Environment Located in the West End
- Leadership Development Training
- Professional Development Budget
- Relaxed and Collaborative Environment
This position is an important position for Up&Up. You ensure Up&Up runs smoothly, accounting and financial reporting is accurate, and HR needs are covered. When something out of the ordinary needs attention, you're the one who tackles the problem and provides the solution. Needless to say, as the Operations Manager of Up&Up, you will never see a dull day!